View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
To me the real question here is how did the Shell get a 10. I have seen other 10s on ebay of much more expensive cards that equally baffle me. And through cardtarget I have seen submissions where the number of consecutive 10s is troubling. In my opinion, the 10 grade is arbitrary and meaningless to begin with, as is the 98. I also don't like Beckett's system but that is for another thread; but in short I don't see how a card with less than Mint corners can be graded Mint.

The bidding aspect of this is inconsequential, I could not care less about a protective bid.
I got a call from Joe O yesterday concerning some Net54baseball board issues. Suffice it to say, and it's worth repeating, if you make a public claim (such as is on this board) you can be held legally liable for what you say. I am not saying to not say anything you want to, but you might want to consider the facts before you make statements. For instance, if you call ME a thief on a forum, you better have your ducks in a row because you will have to be proving that in court. I am not saying anyone called Joe O a thief, or anything wrong was even said......it doesn't matter that much to me except I do think Joe is a good hobbyist and good for the hobby. And your privacy WILL NOT be protected per the board rules concerning opinions of people or companies. Stand behind what you say or don't say it. OF course your privacy WILL BE protected if you only talk about cards and so forth......

I did mention to him about the card that went from an 8 to a 10. He said he hasn't personally seen it, and it's extraordinary, but does happen. I am not making any claims myself about the card. I will leave that to others. Also, keep in mind it's difficult to be perfect in a somewhat subjective industry, when you grade over 100,000 cards a month. I am not making excuses or saying mistakes should happen, but they do. Personally I think the hobby is better with PSA, SGC and Beckett all grading cards....I have my preferences but that will be for another thread.