View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 08:23 AM
Dan Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
No that doesn't work. You can do a cool fingerprint experiment though. If you touch the inside of the slab and try to seal it with super glue your fingerprint will show up really well.

Sure looks like the new lighthouse flip to me. Either way I have cracked out a signed rookie Tony Oliva or Pete Rose, can't remember what one. In the new slab about a year ago with very little damage, it's not that hard.

For me it has gotten to the point as a collector to buy mainly raw cards. There are so many graded card scams going on you have to know as much if not more to safely buy graded. That is if you actually care about the card and not the flip.
See below. I can't see how anyone would know this slab was tampered with unless they knew to look closely at all of the edges. There are no fingerprints (no reason to touch inside the slab as you noted). I just put a very light amount of super glue to seal it. IMO it's unacceptable for PSA and SGC to not have tamper-resistant slabs like BGS, CSG and HGA. Yet, I pretty much only by PSA graded cards which I understand makes no sense. I check every slab I purchase carefully but also don't buy many cards over $1k.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2021-09-27_10-15-08.jpg (73.7 KB, 94 views)