View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Default If the bottom fell out...

Posted By: Jason L

regarding how the high end market works, and the importance of placing these expenditures within the context of people's lives.

My first thought was that I would love for the market to tank so that I could buy lots more of the stuff that I can't get now (you know, dollar-cost averaging, sort of)...but then my next thought was to realize that whatever larger set of circumstances that caused a mega-drop in the collectables world would likely be a large enough economic force to ensare me and my spending capabilities...so it's a push...

For the small-time collector like myself and others like me, let's just hope for a mild global political climate, normal weather patterns, and a stable-growth economic environment for the next 40 years (all to ensure that everyone does well and continues collecting), combined with a series of major ethical and financial blow-ups at the larger auction and grading houses that flushes out the bad seeds that may be out there, and subsequently causes people to re-think what is important in the hobby-end of the community.

That last part is complete drivel, and I know it would cause more problems than help, and I meant no offense to anyone here, but it was just a fun little infantile fantasy to simply type it, so thank you!