View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLange View Post
I only ask because I am not aware of anyone (since Bob Lemke left) reaching out on this board or elsewhere, to solicit additions and corrections. is someone actively managing and updating the entries? If so, who is it, and what can we expect going foreword?

I am of the opinion that the catalog should list every set and card known, not just the popular ones. Unfortunately, regionals and many other cards get short changed or cut out.

One final question to ponder... If it's not listed in "The Big Book," how can you say something is catalogued? Because it appeared in an edition 8 years ago? Because it appeared in some other tome published years prior to that? I know there are other sources like Beckett and Old Cardboard (which does a fantastic job and is an awesome reference site) but I selfishly want the catalog to have it all published in one annual book, officially Cataloguing all cards and sets.
Unfortunately your opinion and business fiscal issues aren't on the same plane. The SCD has seemed to neglect vintage since Bob left there. I don't think they care anymore. It is ONLY about selling the catalog *(which is sort of understandable from a business perspective) but that, to me, is a short term view.

As far as something being "cataloged" I (personally) have never used the SCD to say if something is or isn't cataloged. It is only the ACC, or other commonly used system (SCB and Egan for a few) that I have used. So for me, being in the SCD isn't being cataloged or not. I believe SCD has taken out and put in many different vintage issues over the years. I agree it would be nice to have all of the known sets in one place but that is a pipe dream with the SCD current management. I have some that are a few years old that I still use, and since not much has changed in vintage, there is no need to get another one.