View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Default June Pickup Thread

Posted By: CarltonHendricks

Ben, I wouldn't put any tape on that game. It might cost you a little but paper restorers can restore games like that. If you do some research you could find one. But putting tape on it would be a no-no. Years down the road it starts turning dark, and it devalues it with game collectors.

3 15/16" wide x 2 3/8" deep x 3/4" tall
Here's my recent $39.77 eBay pickup. I'm not a big photo collector (no rocks please) but once in a while I see something that snags me. I don't see any helmets, but I think I see a strap around at least one head which could be either a head harness or nose guard strap, the first evolution of the helmet. That would place it in the 90's I speculate. I think that's Jim Thorpe 7th in from the left . The ropes along the sideline look classic early football. And all the formal wear in the crowd suggest it's a major college game....probably somewhere in New Jersey or the eastern seaboard. Seller was from Cochecton, New York. I don't recall ever seeing another football paperweight for some reason, though there must be others. The only other glass paperweight I have is one for the Pope Bicycle company.