View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 10:21 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
SGC claimed that their backlog is gone and they will "never" be backlogged again. It will be interesting to see if that claim holds up after PSA suspends all submissions and now SGC gets flooded with them again.

At $25 a card minimum, and not a great reputation in resale value for shiny card collectors, they may not get the upsurge you're expecting, though they will certainly see an uptick in vintage submissions.

I have a feeling CSG is going to get slammed. They are new, but they are not new to the grading business, and their $8 bulk rate seems like an easy pivot for the modern card collectors who want to risk sending in common cards hoping to hit it big with a high grade.

I sent about 20 cards in to them at the beginning of the month under "Economy" and they have yet to even be logged in yet, so I'm guessing it's already started over there.

There's even chatter on the boards over there (likely unfounded.....but who knows ) that PSA strategically timed their shutdown in order to flood CSG and others with cheap cards and back up their competitors in a similar fashion.