View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 04:07 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I picked up a copy back a few years and was told then this is the only card with the 3 players on it.
I also purchased a 56 Clemente some time ago as well. Glad I purchased it when I did.

Beautiful copies Dale.

I wrote in the "Post War must-haves" thread, that I think the '65 Batting leaders should be more popular than it is, since you have essentially 3 of the finest of that time frame, all arguably in their prime.
https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=286665

I have a PSA 8 of that one tucked away, and it was one of the first cards I went after when I returned to the hobby.

This "Clemente project" will all be framed and displayed where I can enjoy it regularly. (with my bigger $$$ cards/higher grades locked away)

The '56 is a monster of a card, and I will ultimately snag another high grade copy at some point, and it probably won't be long either.
People that have followed my posts here (or on Blowout), may remember my father and I had a gorgeous '55 Clemente rookie back in the '80s. Life happens, my parents got divorced and all the cards we had were sold back then. I will replace it sooner or later.......its probably sitting in a PSA 5-6 holder in someones collection somewhere.

I'm almost done with this project, then I will resume picking up some higher grade PC items.

Not sure if you ever saw it, but here is how my "Mantle project" turned out.

https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=271449

I still need to figure out how to layout this one. Oddly enough, I ended up getting more horizontal cards, and not as many vertical cards.

I'm going to tinker with a few layouts tonight, and see how many more cards I need, maybe 1-2 tops.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.

Last edited by DJCollector1; 08-04-2020 at 04:08 PM.