View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 06:46 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

6-16

Next up to the pump..............

When I saw this card I couldn't pass it up. I knew I was going to include a colorful 1960 Topps in my project anyway.
Although there is a bit of a glare that keeps from showing how truly sharp this card is, you can see the majority of its strengths.
(It does have a slight bit of tilt, for the centering obsessed) But the color and overall look of this one, I thought was great right out of the gate.
Notice the lack of snow and print dots out in the blue field to the left, and thats a serious issue with all 1960 cards.

(In fact I thought about grading it, but I will likely leave it as is and slip it into my project)

Overall this one just popped, and seemed like a perfect fit for my Clemente display.

I have a few more pickups on the horizon, and will likely have 1-2 more by the end of next week.
A good start though.

A few of you know, I was "looking" at a Clemente signed item the last couple weeks.
I did indeed strike a deal with that particular website, and I agreed this morning on a price and to get that item.
Its going to make an excellent addition, and I'm excited to add this in to my collection.
I will have a picture in the next few days to add in here.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.

Last edited by DJCollector1; 03-29-2021 at 07:18 PM.