Thread: Shriners in MA
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 11:59 AM
J@son Per1

Thanks. I got there Sunday and there was confusion about opening time. It was 10, not 9 as was indicated in some of ads. No worry — I went to a nearby diner and crushed a lumberjack breakfast.

This was the first “larger” show I have been to in almost two years. It’s a far cry from the National of course but miles better than the weekly Woburn show. I agree there was lots of modern but some really nice vintage tables and some good stuff. I needed three 41 play balls and was able to get a nice raw vander meer for a really good price. There was a partial set for sale and some guy had a Mel Ott which I need but it was in an ancient PSA slab and a really bad 6 so I didn’t even inquire about a price. Couldn’t find a single Hank Greenberg unfortunately so I’m still 2 cards away.

I thought there was plenty of great binders for post war set builders, as you mentioned. In general prices were not bargain basement but not in the stratosphere for the most part, excluding a few outliers. Overall business appeared moderate, not frenzied but there was plenty of life and money was changing hands.

In general, for the post war stuff that isn’t scarce, it really pays to do a full circuit before spending. You can find a pretty wide disparity in prices from one dealer to the next.

Last edited by Kutcher55; 08-30-2021 at 12:06 PM.