View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 04:34 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Nah.... that spine is original. No spinal surgery there... I've seen that material used very sparingly. It's rare to find, but have seen it on more than a few occasions.

On a separate note....

It's too bad that Greg has such a sh*tty Phillies collection. C'mon Greg.... can't you hang some good ones?

Seriously, those are some rare and beautiful gems. I have never been able to get my hands on that white one with the Batter who looks like the Chucky Doll. I think I've seen two of those in 30+ years, and Greg's is one of them. To most people it's probably an ugly pennant.... but it's a thing of beauty to me!
That "Chucky" Phillies pennant is UG-LY! But I gotta hang it because it is so rare. Im guessing it is an early Ad Flag, since their artists were notoriously horrible. I look for any variation of the blue jay, there was one that came up on eBay about a year ago - deep blue with a large jay (these are more rare) similar to the gold one on the right … but I was outbid. Been trying to get one of the "daisy" oversized pennants, thought about the one that was just auctioned off but backed off since it had been part of a blanket and got torn.