View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 PM
©hri$ $€X₮ØΝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec View Post
I concur with you and Leon that these BF2s and the premium pennant likely came from the same issuer. It's just that the large pennant illustrated on the Ferguson blotter is in the style of the pennants on the pillow top, not this exaggerated version of the BF2 style. Furthermore, I'm not aware that any of the premium pennants have been found in the Boston area, while the extant pillow tops usually have been.
The blotter mentions a 9" x 24" Photo Prize Pennant. The large Evers photo on the blotter is actually an image of one of the pillow top pennants. While nobody has found a 9" x 24" version of a pillow top pennant, over the past 20 years, there have been 15 or so like this Alexander to turn up that do measure 9" x 24." Is there an undiscovered set of large pillow top pennants out there or did the printer take a shortcut back in 1916 and not use an accurate image showing the large 9x24 pennant? I am comfortable making the leap that the 9x24 pennants mentioned on the blotter are referring to the large 9x24s that are in the catalog today, but I guess that conclusion isn't shared by everyone. I would love to hear other theories.

Thanks.

Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bf2 blotter.jpg (80.5 KB, 260 views)

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664