View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 12:02 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRoberts View Post
That's twice that you mentioned price when describing a card in your portfolio. It would be nice if so-called "collectors" weren't so focused on money.
Yes, I very much consider myself a collector, going all the way back to an entire 1967 Topps set put together entirely from wax packs (with the help of family and friends). I have been in and out of this hobby since. It's a hobby with me, nothing more. I love my Goudeys, Play Balls, tobacco and candy cards, Cobb, Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, full sets, etc, as much as anyone but it's quite literally a hobby with me and not an investment. I very much like reading the history, and when I find someone interesting I get their card(s), and anything goes, even beaters. The card matters more to me than condition. I don't know how else to say it.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***