View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 09:43 AM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
One of the great things about being in the military is being able to travel and be stationed in different places. I grew up in New York and have always been a huge New York Yankee fan and collector. I have always been a player collector, so being stationed in different places, I found myself watching teams and following players that I normally wouldn't have. When I was in Texas, I watched the Texas Rangers a lot. I liked Juan Gonzalez, as he was a pure power hitter, and I started to collect his cards and memorabilia. Hence, this picture shows just how much my Juan Gonzalez collection grew. I even had the opportunity to meet the Texas Rangers Owner, Tom Hicks, when he visited our squadron. Before ebay, the Navy gave me many opportunities to visit local cards shops and shows in other states, giving me more opportunity to find stuff I wouldn't normally have been able to find at home. Now retired, I have more time to search for memorabilia and also focus more on my collection.
I am with you about Juan Gonzalez. I always liked him. One of the few modern era guys who would have fit in back in 50s, 60s, or 70s. Great collection, sir, looks fantastic!

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***