View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 04:47 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I've been doing the same thing, Greg....

Since vintage pennants have dried up, it's near-impossible to acquire new ones. So I have been upgrading some of my old "Stadium" Pennants. The grass on many of them typically faded to pale yellow over the years, so finding those green ones is a real treat. I just recently found my favorite version (Mr. Red over Crosley Field), but it's hung up in "Postal Hell" right now.

Separate note... I do believe your Uncle Sam Yankees is a knockoff (and not Trench). The tassels are clearly different, as is the artwork. When you put them side by side, it's very clear.
Yes I think you’re right, but the differences seem a little bit more subtle to me. Like with uncle Sam his eyes are a little bit different. Everything else seems pretty darn close, almost within production variability. I think it’s a matter of the tassels and spine being cloth and also the way it was stitched that suggests a different company. The strange thing is that this is extremely well made from vintage cloth (I don’t recall any reproduction on cloth.) Colors are crisp and precise. Now compare that to the LA Dodger Emmet Kelly pennant pictured that looks sloppy.

I wonder if this is the Reds pennant you’re waiting on? One of my favorites, even if Crosley is just one big gray blotch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44B9F710-CB94-4A29-9336-16E1E80671AD.jpg (21.0 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg B1045468-0ACA-4FB1-A393-9A73E33E59E4.jpg (15.7 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 10-04-2020 at 04:49 PM.