View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 12:54 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Would the lack of red ink also cause the borders to become green? All the different color differences are neat and fun to collect as a side subset but I would never pay a premium on many of them, especially the cards missing the red ink pass like the T206's. My main reason for feeling this way is because nearly every professionally graded card that I've seen that's labeled missing red ink, has very light to extremely damaged card backs. They are either missing paper from being glued into a scrap book and have lost certain colors from exposure to the glue and/or paper. Others can have discolored backs and/or water stains from soaking them out of scrap books. Sometimes they can have sun damage where certain colors are literally bleached out. Some of those types of cards are more common with pin holes in them from being hung on a corkboard. My point is, it's extremely difficult to find a card that's missing ink that also has a perfect problem free back. I'm sure some exist but many of the ones floating around have issues.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11