View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
I bought and then un-bought this last night. It was priced too good to pass up and then upon closer inspection I started to realize why. Unless this is some kind of early prototype, it looks like a crafts class project. Is it just me or do I see tracing lines on some of the graphics and really sloppy cutting?

I have a real version of this one and comparing the two, the differences were glaring...so I backed out.

To the seller's credit, he didn't give me a hard time and he does have a couple other legit football pennants from the era, but nothing as valuable as this one would be if real.
Can you confirm that the graphics were in fact screen printed atop the felt? From your photos it almost looks like the graphics were cut from a sheet of vinyl; then affixed to the felt. But that should be pretty obvious when you have it in hand.

You can definitely see evidence of the scissor marks on the lettering ... had this been screen printed, they would look more smooth. Unless they utilized an open stencil that was cut from hand...?

I think the original pennant was made by ADFLAG; and to my knowledge they always screen printed their pennants using the conventional method.