View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 08:32 PM

Default c. 1912 Peach Gloves advertising poster on Page 3

Corey, Could you please elaborate on that c. 1912 Peach Gloves advertising poster you posted on page 3. What are the details of that, dimensions, printer, came out of, etc. I looked into it a little Apparently there was a trimmed example REA sold, link here.

And in another example is referenced reference on Antiques and the Arts "a circa 1910 Peach Baseball Gloves advertising display sold for $35,187" I'm guessing that was your example.

Of course that's a whole different level of memorabilia not for the timid. Can you post some closer in photos of it? Acorrding to the REA listing "The display features full-length illustrations of nearly every top star of the game including Ty Cobb, Honus Wagner, Christy Mathewson, Walter Johnson, Tris Speaker, Frank Baker, Nap Lajoie, Chief Bender, Ed Walsh, and Roger Bresnahan, as well as managers John McGraw and Connie Mack, who are pictured seated in the dugout."

I'm not a glove guy, but that's the first I've heard of J.A. Peach Gloves. And to think they lasooed all those big names to endorse it, that's amazing. Did somebody just change the name from A.J. Reach to J.A. Peach or something? LOL