View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 05:16 PM
PeterB

I also started in 1969. In the mid seventies I would bike ride to the corner store and spend my money for doing chores on packs of cards. Continued until 1979.

After 1986 and the Red Sox/Mets World Series, I got back into the hobby and went to Flea Markets and Card Shows where I discovered you had more options than just buying packs. I also discovered pre war cards which became my interest. I did buy a few packs but got quickly turned off with the overwhelming amount of new cards from what is now called the junk wax era. I got into packs again in the 2010’s when Topps did the heritage sets. New players on old style cards. But just a few packs of these to see the designs. Still turned off by modern with the overwhelming again total cards amounts and the shiny colorful chase cards. I do like the recent Topps Stadium club cards because of the originality of the photos. But once again, I just buy some single cards from eBay, not packs.

Pre war has now become out of my price range and my new focus has become vintage. Packs a long thing of the past.