View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 01:09 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1954 topps View Post
I mostly agree with this logic. I wanted to build my favorite set out in as high grade as I possibly could. Fortunately I started 10 years ago but building out a '54 Topps set in PSA 8 focused on centering turned out to be a much more expensive endeavor than I initially expected as the hobby took off. Once I'm done with this set I likely won't be building another. I'll focus on particular players so I don't have to store thousands upon thousands of cards. I believe any collector should build out at least one set in as high grade as they can. It's a journey and quite an accomplishment. It's an investment in time, money, and if done right, your set with stand apart from any other.
That's such a great set! I'm building a 54 Topps set as well. Or rather, I'm upgrading my 54 Topps set, as it's already "complete". I'm building a perfectly centered set, which is extremely difficult to do, but I'm about 95% finished. I only have a few more random commons to find dead centered. I'll try to post pics of the set once it's done. It really is fun to see this set all together in the way that they intended the cards to look. My conditions vary from VG-EX to NM-MT, but all are dead-centered with no creases or wrinkles or any other eye sores.