View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 01:25 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I think Tyson is one of the greatest redemption stories in sports and his speaking tour was fascinating.

I collect in this order -
1. Tyson
2. Clay/Ali
3. Louis

I consider Tyson and Ali the greatest of all-time and give the nod more to Tyson, his demons kept him from fighting for what would have likely been the cement of his prime. I watched his entire career, and I think his view to the youth of America now and what he has become post-career will give him the pantheon of top of the charts to youth collectors. Only he has the ability to derail the freight train his popularity has become.

With the death of US heavyweight boxing as the other sports now meet and exceed the income for elite athletes, the heavyweight class will stay in the hands of foreign fighters barring a drastic change. He will be the last of the US Heavyweight World Champs of any historic meaning.

Even as it sits, without a current united belt and with no chance of one as Oleksandr Usyk is currently defending his country only the past has a real focus. Tyson is the master of the living past champs and it's not close.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.