View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 02:21 AM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Great idea for a thread OP~!

This year was brutal on me. Covid related issues caused me to have to sell off the majority of my "bigger cards". 50s and 60s Mid - to High grade Clementes, Mantles and a few others.....all with superb eye appeal.

Then, I lost my brother (58 yrs old/heart attack) unexpectedly just a few weeks back, and its been incredibly tough on the family, my sister specifically.

The silver lining is recent events has made us have to sell some property, and I should have a bit of a breather in 30-60 days.

I have slowly begun picking up a few lower grade cards to replace some of what I had to move.

I guess if I had to set one specific goal for the coming year, it is to slowly piece back together a small collection of Mickey Mantles, Hank Aarons, Willie Mays, Jackie Robinsons with a few other bigger post war names.
Nothing massive like some of the collectors here, but when things happen and you lose some of what you have, you learn to appreciate them more.

Like my board buddy gustomania said, "baseball cards will always be there, you can always get them back".

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.

Last edited by DJCollector1; 12-19-2021 at 02:32 PM.