View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 09:04 PM

Default Reply to Alan

Hi, Alan. You have a lot in your post but I will try. Any member of the registry can request an item be added. PSA takes your request and makes a decision. There are clear rules on what is eligible. 8 months ago I had a bunch of WS Topps Cards with Brooks on them (1967 and 1971 Topps and O Pee Chee) but because they were not specifically about him they denied the request. I argued that his face was on the card but lost. Adding items can be very random. You can’t take 5 of the 12 player 69 Topps Stamp Panel with Brooks and send 5 in with Brooks with 6, 5,4, 3 and 2 player version stamps and expect to add each. You can only add the 12 and single. I tried to add the Clemente and Brooks 71 Dell dual stamp and was denied. They allow the single Brooks and 12 player panel. A lot of the team issued cards / photos are included but not all. I tried to add a few that were randomly denied. They are very random on test issues. Same with proofs.. I have a 10 player 61 Perforated Post sheet I would like to add but too big. I plan just submitted the 62 post cereal full panel for grading and once back, I will try to add. I am in search of the 61 post cereal full panel. The post cereal card variation is that the gray and white back? In terms of variations, that is a good question. For player masters, it is tough to do add variations that are not distinct as the peel offs. The Sportscaster with Italy variation I considered but have not followed through. I have a complete 1948 Leaf graded set on the registry and they do not permit many of the color variations out there except for the one hat color variation. Can’t explain it. Yes people do cut up Bazooka Boxes to add. Same with the Transogram boxes, action cartridge and milk duds. I cut up a damaged action cartridge but really struggled with it. The box was crappy on the back (really bad).. I have several Transogram and Bazooka boxes I would like to grade as boxes but like them raw for display. I hope this helps.