View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Personally, I don't care for the overall look of the one in the PSA holder. Besides what has been mentioned what the heck is going on with that front, top left (as we are looking at it) part of the frame that is around Cobb? It's not square. That PSA card looks a lot different, to me, than the SGC one. I am NOT saying it's not real or anything like that.....but if I were buying it I would certainly want to get a 2nd and 3rd expert opinion. The "look" is probably due to the lack of gloss that the others have, but I am in no way sure of it. regards

Hi Leon,
I have already had my day in the sun regarding my SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper Red Cobb and I don't mean to hijack this thread or be busting your eggs too hard. However you seem to have no trouble jumping on board and voicing your skepticism of this Cobb/Cobb card (one I am assuming you have not seen in person but maybe you have) but were unable to commit an opinion to a card which was in your possession which also possessed an anomaly which I provided numerous close up pictures. Could that have anything to do with the Cobb/Cobb not having been auctioned by you or that it is PSA graded versus being SGC graded?

With respect to Goodwin's example I do see the differences which Kevin pointed out and wonder if those can be attributed to the non glossy version as the image quality or registration of the two cards is quite different. Anyone here have pictures of the other non glossy Cobb/Cobb?

Greg