View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
To play devil's advocate, like Glyn already said earlier, you can't really do that. If you are buying cards based upon ALL of the card gradings companies POP reports, you are assuming that all the cards will cross likewise in another companies holders. Even on high grade cards, one companies '9' might be another companies EOT. And if you do succeed in getting something crossed, then you have a skewed pop report if it is not removed from the competitors report. I know we may be overthinking things here, but I am in the camp of KISS (keep it simple, stupid). If a card is graded by PSA, then you mention the current PSA pop only. Don't compare apples to oranges. I think the buyer should do due dilligence himself, especially if he is attempting a crossover.
I see your point here, but to be fair to a buyer, if you are saying "highest graded by PSA, 1 of 1"(for example); and you know there are others with high grades out there, graded by other well established and credible TPG's- shouldn't you fully disclose this to the buyer? The apples to oranges only applies to the TPG's, not the actual high grade card, right?

Sincerely, Clayton