View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by djson1 View Post
Scott, I usually value your opinions and comments on here, but your comment above is pretty snide. I was asking as you didn't provide any reason for why you thought it was not authentic and I was genuinely asking because I like to learn the "why"s from others on here. It's not about you, me, versus them. And who said that just because it's 2 vs 1 that "makes it real"?

It's funny when we see some people on here getting so sensitive when people ask them questions of their opinions. We're all on here trying to learn from each other on here and not all of us are as sharp when it comes to spotting the fakes.
You're sounding pretty sensitive yourself.

My comment was not meant at all to be snide, but as I clearly stated, I couldn't really respond to such a comment. I did that to NOT insult you, as I am fully aware that you are trying to learn.

But given that you feel no need to avoid insulting me, here you go: I provided examples which you didn't appear to spend much time looking at. As regards flow, there isn't any - it flows like a dammed-up river. The 'R's are not even vaguely similar, the 'u' is even more ridiculously off, and the entire signature is printed on a crescent.

I hope that helps, but I'm guessing it won't.

Edited to add: I'm done with this thread, so you might as well be hurt silently. I stated my opinion, I learned a little from Hank regarding Keating, and I also had my thoughts reinforced regarding autograph collectors on this forum. As far as actually adding any new knowledge to the forum, this thread did NOT do so, other than to possibly convince a few collectors that Keating should be added to their 'always trust' list, along with PSA and JSA. I'll be sure to take a much more selfish attitude about sharing autograph knowledge in the future. Adios.

Last edited by Runscott; 02-06-2015 at 05:26 PM.