View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 10:15 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomi View Post
Looks like the OPC and Topps 1979 Gretzky PSA 10's will be coming up in the Heritage auction starting in mid November. Any guesses at the final prices.
Didn't the last 10 sell for $457,000+ U.S or something like that a couple years ago, or has one sold higher since then?
I am real curious what it sells for as well but if I had to guess, I'd say around the same or just slightly higher? I know Gretzky RC's have taken off like crazy lately but I'm not sure when it comes to a high grade like this one, if the same money will be spent or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhockey View Post
still odd to me that the OPC 10 can look so crusty on the edges. i know that's how their stock looks but for over $1M purchase, that would irk me. still a sick card and i'd love to get even a 3 or a 4.
The famous OPC wire cut. Personally, being a CDN, I only purchase OPC cards if I can help it. There is just something nostalgic about them that I prefer, plus when you know that far fewer OPC copies were produced than Topps, it makes them all that more appealing as well, imo.