View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 11:34 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnep31 View Post
I work for an essential business with multiple locations across three Midwest states and we didn't even close for a day. I travel almost weekly and stay in hotels and eat in restaurants, get gas, go to the store etc, etc. I have been doing this going back to last summer after only a short pause which was forced by the governor. Almost all schools are back to full time in person learning and a few never went remote at all. Sports seasons are in full swing, state tournaments going on/finishing for winter sports in OH right now with limited capacity.

I do not know of a single person with Covid currently, either personally or professionally or even just heard about through the grapevine.

Seeing some of the posters comments about continued fears of the virus is, to say the least very surprising. I certainly do not live under a rock so to see it such wide spread everywhere I'm not, is extremely odd.....

I feel like it depends where you are, NYC has been hammered by Covid. While no one in my family has gotten it, I personally know six friends whose families have been effected by it. Many lost cousins, grandparents, uncles, aunts.

I'm fully vaccinated, my immediate family is too. So at this point, while I still have it in the back of my head, because it's still around, I feel comfortable going out to eat, or traveling to a different state by car. I'm still leery about getting on a plane or packing into a convention hall without a mask.

Regardless I think we can all agree, whether you are getting the Vaccine or not, that we all can't wait for life to be normal again. I think the hope is that this becomes like the flu, where it can be managed easier and treated more effectively.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.