View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 08:36 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
For the nearly twenty years since I bought the Rick Reuschel on eBay I have kept an eye out for the other half, a Art Howe underneath it on the sheet. He finally showed up last week. Both cards are cut identically so I thought maybe they were both off of the same exact sheet, but it looks like the blue ink flaw doesn't line up perfectly when they are placed together. Now if I could find the Bill Atkinson that was under the Bob Boone...
Nice finds Cliff....

In looking through some 67s recently, your former nemesis the 67 Monteagudo print variation appears to be a progressive variation of sorts. As we know from post 1463 (https://net54baseball.com/showpost.p...postcount=1463) the cause of the variation appears to "originate" on the Monteagudo card. In looking through other Monteagudo cards, I noticed what appears to be a smaller anomaly (does not reach the edges). While a challenge to see on screen, this is much more obvious in hand. Besides my copy, here is a copy from COMC....the tell tale is the horizontal red line in Monteagudo's hair on his right side and the difference on his left eye brow. My question is which anomaly was the original one, the anomaly that broke the black border or the smaller one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67 453.jpg (70.1 KB, 426 views)
File Type: jpg 453 close.jpg (75.6 KB, 423 views)