View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 08:07 AM
Michael C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengoldin View Post
Hello all
I am writing to reply to obvious concerns about current shipping turnaround times at goldin.
I will be as brief as possible.
I am very aware of these issues.
I have prioritized TRADING CARD SHIPMENTS above all else.
Whatever timelines you may have been told if you corresponded with CS at goldin, please disregard. This will be fixed ASAP and timelines drastically moved up .
Keep in mind that many items , especially in weekly auctions, are stored in and shipped from the PSA vault. For those items, there is no way to avoid 2 different shipping locations and 2 different ship dates. That said all available resources are being put into effect to speed up everyone’s ship timelines with the goal being by the end of October elite, we are back to our normal shipping schedule and turnaround times you have been accustomed to in dealing with us since 2012.
If you wish, you can stop reading here, below is more detail.

As some of you know (i realize many may not ) I very recently took back the reigns as CEO of Goldin. The prior CEO had the vision of being everything to everyone, and being able to sell $15 cards the same way as $15,000 cards. (that clearly was never and is not my vision). Weekly auctions were built and the company accepted items with no minimums, anything went. This lead to some auctions containing as many as 7000 lots, and came at us EVERY WEEK. These massive weekly auctions with low value lots severely backed up every aspect of goldin. That CEO is no longer at goldin, and I took back over. The first thing I did was put measures in place to stop the influx of very low end items clogging the pipeline. (It’s not as easy or as fast as it sounds ) but those efforts are working. Bottom line, I do NOT think $10-$100 items is in our wheelhouse, and I always envisioned a Tiffany/rolls Royce style company with white glove service to match. That is NOT the type of service you are getting today if you are in this shipping backlog and I clearly understand that. With that said, please know that the we have stopped the cause of the backlog, and will be working as priority #1 to clear it asap, with my stated goal of being able to ship October elite (which closes October 28) in our normal shipping time.
In addition, with respect to the vault shipped orders, I am working with PSA to put a system in place so that for our elite auctions (everything besides the ‘weekly’) 100% of the items will ship from our building. This will allow goldin to have better control over the produce and stop the multi shipment from multi locations. This likely will not be put in place until November or possibly December however.
My email is ken@goldin.com
If you have a specific issue, or question you would like answered, please email me directly. Please do not PM me here, as I rarely log into my account to read them, and I cannot reply with a copy to others in my company to help you like I can if you email me.
Thank you for your patience in our dealing with this cleanup, and it will be short lived. I clearly recognize slow shipping and unhappy customers is not the ingredients to running a successful business.
Thanks
Ken Goldin
I'm waiting on my winnings from the September auction. My payment cleared a week and a half ago. This seems like a reasonable explanation.

I stopped looking at the weekly auctions as it was just too cumbersome. I'm sure it was a bear to ship out thousands of 1988 Fleer Larry Bird PSA 7 cards.

Thanks for the update.