View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 05:02 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Wow! There are some incredible pickups this month. I'm almost embarrassed to post these. I took a chance on a scrapbook listed on eBay. Ive never done that prior to this. I was pleased to see that it contained almost 30 pages of clippings related to the 1971 Pirates. The person who constructed it did a great job. There were also a couple of 1971 stubs I needed. However, the real hidden gem in it was a rare 1958 Team Issued Roberto Clemente. PSA has graded six of these to date. It was scotch taped in the book so I used a blow dryer to remove it. Although there was some residual adhesive left on the corners there was no paper loss.

I also picked up the blue version of the 1971 Iron City Beer tie. These were given to players and staff. I had a red one originating from Bob Moose already. There was a black one owned by Bob Prince in the Alleghany Club at Three Rivers. I was unaware that the blue version existed. Nonetheless these are the only three examples I have ever seen. Have any other Pirate collectors come across these in other colors?
Great stuff, Mike!! I'm guessing (hoping) you got it for a great price?