View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 08:47 AM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
I recently became a member here and one of the first threads I read was about the 1908-09 Rose Company postcards. Now I didn't know Rose Company from Rosey Grier so I was intrigued by the thread.

Then members started rolling out their collections of Rose Postcards with backstories and histories. The member knowledge was incredible.

Here's Honus Wagner.. Here's Cobb... Here's Walter Johnson... Here's Cy Young... Here's a blank one... Here's one of a ballplayer my Gran used to flirt with when the Team was in town..

And here's Moonlight Graham... Unbelievable.

One member said they were the most beautiful baseball cards ever made. Now, there are a lot of beautiful cards so I was thinking hyperbole but wanted to see for myself, so I acquired one. Not too fancy and within my price range I picked up a Mickey Doolan (Doolin) partly because he's Irish like my ancestors and I believe he's the only ballplayer wearing a cap in the Rose Postcard set.

Well, my card came today and I'll be damned if it isn't one of the most beautiful baseball cards I've ever seen.

I probably won't buy another but I did have to have at least one, and I can see how one might become addicted to this set.

And it most likely would not have happened without reading that thread.

So, shame on you guys for enticing me to spend my hard earned money on a Rose Company Postcard.

And thank you for your knowledge that you give so freely.

Also, you have a lot of cool cards...

Casey,

Have you ever seen a T204 up close and personal? Probably one of the mst beautiful cards you'll ever lay eyes on...

Last edited by Fred; 10-25-2020 at 08:48 AM.