Thread: PSA Scam
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Scam

Posted By: Tim

I'll try and respond to all who contributed to this issue:
Andy - Counterfeited most pre-war cards...Ruth, Cobb, Gehrig, Aaron, Mays, Mantle, Robinson pre-1955 all w/ high $ value
James - Very sophisticated operation w/ high tech equipment and supplies that duplicated PSA holders and flips were counterfeited
as well. You can tell by the font (but remember that PSA changed their fonts years ago) but the telltale sign is the UPC
symbols which are blurry and not crisp like an original PSA.
Dan - They have shown up on Craigslist according to another victim I've been in contact with. He can usually spot them on the
internet and contacts the seller to notify them that they are selling a fake.
Bottom of the Ninth - Joe Orlando has turned his back on this issue. My gripe is he just sat back while people were getting scammed
without notifying any of his customers. That is irresponsible and negligent.
D.C. Markel - The PSA registry number was copied from the original PSA card so if you looked it up, it would tell you it was
good. That's what I did before purchasing these cards. They would provide a scan and I would send the money C.O.D.
Anonymous - Steve, if someone was counterfeiting dollar bills, would the U.S. Treasury allow that? So why is PSA sitting on their
hands?
Misunderstood - If PSA was a victim, why are they not taking a more proactive approach? Ill tell you why, because they want to
protect their famous name and have you keep having your cards graded. If they said, "our cards have been
counterfeited", how many people would run to BGS?
Double-P-Enterprises - If Joe Orlando handled your issue professionally, why didn't he alert people...post on this site or any other
or sent out letters to his customers? Didn't want to spent money on postage??? Do you know how many people would have
saved their hard-earned money since 2004 until now? Why didn't he step up to the plate?