View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 06:24 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Hi James

I know you are a Yankees fan (as I am). I think Leon and Frank Wakefield's suggestions of collecting certain player's cards.....namely Stan Musial....is a really great idea.

Musial is one of my favorite (non Yankees), simply because I collect Pennsylvania-born ballplayers. Pennsylvania has produced many BB (and FB) players over the years.

Sixty-eight years ago this month, "Stan the Man" set a new record. It all started with a NYC sports reporter, who wrote that Musial lacked "Home Run hitting power". So,
Stan had the last laugh. The Cardinals were at the Polo Grounds for a Double-Header vs the Giants. Stan hit 3 HR's in the 1st game and 2 HR's in the 2nd game. He also
hit 2 singles and Walked twice that day.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Ted,

Always appreciate the the insight and story. I have always felt like Musial was a very underappreciated player. One of the best hitters the game has ever seen! I especially love his Red Heart card. The Bond Bread rookie, seems like a great card as well. The more I talk and think about it, the more it seems like he's one of the collecting directions, I'll end up going. Thank you again.

Also I sent you an email, not sure if it's still the same one as last time, but I wanted to let you know, in case it got lost in the shuffle. Hope all is well.

- James

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.