Thread: Latest Pickups
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 04:56 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Another batch thanks to the board here.

I love the N28's but don't plan to ever build the set, with the cost of the baseball cards. I'll have to put more effort into the boxers in it now that the big one is here. I prefer this Sullivan to any of John L.'s other non-cabinet sized cards, even if it is one of his most common vintage items. Great pose of a great champion.

Got a couple more Mayo's, with Tommy Ryan being the highlight. I'm trying to build this set both ways with the name at top and bottom. Ryan is my kind of card I prefer, priced as a common but a top-tier boxer.

Sullivan is most of the $ in the batch, but the Red Sun's are the big gets as they are very difficult cards. This puts me up to 11 of them ~7 months after I started the set. I don't expect to continue this pace. Brown is in pretty bad shape for a Red Sun, most of the surviving examples are in decent condition, but can't be picky with these. Brown is also noteworthy as being one of the few subjects in T226 that has a T218 card but uses a different picture than the T218/T9 uses. Happy to have two more here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0905.jpg (188.4 KB, 378 views)