Thread: Greg Morris
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 07:12 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceinGa View Post
And I'll add my 2 cents. I've bid on GM cards, probably a thousand in the past year. I've only won less than 100.
Snipe what you think they are worth!
Early this year I returned about 20 cards because I didn't think they were quite the grade advertised. Their customer service politely explained that even though they offer returns it is difficult to service their sellers with a high number of returns. I agreed and am more careful on the cards that I am looking to buy.
I agree that some bidders are looking for that "nm-mint or better" card that will grade as a 10.
So you had to return at least 1 in 5 cards you purchased because the seller over graded them. Then the did accept the return(s) but complained about it. I guess I would be more careful with them also.

My 2 cents. I think they do a better job at guessing the grade than most.

I do find it strange that they have so many bidders like the one I posted earlier. That bidder had 488 bids in the last month on 104 different items. 100% of those bids are with GM. That averages out to 16 bids a day with only 1 seller and the bidder rarely if ever wins anything.