View Single Post
Old 08-21-2021, 07:15 AM
Scott
Scott All.en

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
It's not taught in current culture. And amid social media, and attack and boycott and harpoon, my high school kids see it as a soft skill that is outdated. Don't forget, nice guys finish last.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
As a high school teacher I assume you know, developmentally, that high school kids generally lack empathy as adults do because their brains are not yet fully developed. Put a bunch of high school kids on a jury and they'll hang the guy every time. Most will get there though, so have faith.

Something "offensive" is just a way to say it hurts your feelings. We all have different levels of sensitivity, but it just seems like many people these days are screaming about something being offensive just because they think they're supposed to in order to be thought of as a good person, but not because they're actually offended. I think this is a trend we especially see in young people.

It just seems like what we see so often today is people being called out for every little possible thing that could possibly offend even one person - just because it's the trendy thing to do.

Jack Morris has been an ass since he was a player here in the 70's, but it's not up to me to decide if what he did was offensive. I'm not asian, and I don't own the Tigers. Ohtani laughed it off. Does Morris deserve to be fired? I wouldn't have hired him in the first place, but it's really none of my business, is it?