View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 03:53 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
That is seriously awesome. Did you make it and if so how long did it take to do?
Honestly I stole the idea. I saw one sell in a big catalog auction. It sold for pretty big money. I thought, I could make one myself. So I got the largest photo blowup of the item in the auction. Then I went though all 3 Topps micro sets and found each card one by one. Believe me that was the hardest part. Using a magnifying glass on a small photo and trying to figure out who each card was. Took a very long time to do that. But then once you have them you just glue them to some foam board. then find a frame to fit it. I've seen a few others mosaics of other players using the micro sets and they are pretty neat. they actually sell a program that you can scan in the small bits you have to make a mosaic and it will organize them for you to make the picture you want. But I was unable to figure out the software. Plus you need to scan in all the cards individually but then you would have a data base to make anything.

It displays best if you have a long line of sight before you get to the mosaic. Like at the end of a hallway or large room. When someone looks up it is obvious who it is but as they get closer it disappears.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears

Last edited by mcgwirecom; 07-17-2021 at 03:55 PM.