View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Reality Check Sad and Insane May be Hung Soon

Posted By: Cobby33

Barry is correct. This is why talking about politics is a waste of time, other than to pass the time at cocktail parties.

Sad to say, but neither side is "right," or should I say, "correct." If ~50% of the country doesn't believe a certain viewpoint, it suggests that that viewpoint is flawed in some fashion. If Dems., Libertarians, Greens, etc. compose 50% of more of the population, they're not wrong. Nobody can say with a straight face that this many people (many of whom are very intelligent), are "wrong," simply because they haven't been in "power." Sometimes I do think an IQ test should be a prerequisite to voting.

The biggest problem I have is the condascending attitude the current administration has, as does many of its followers. The "if you don't like it, go to Canada" viewpoint is tired. Just because the current admin. and less than 50% of the nation believes this campaign is good, doesn't make it good. We all need to resepct each other's opinions (GOP and Dem.) and work towards a common good. Blaming each other and shoving each other's doctrines down our throats is the reason we're in this mess in the first place and why there are millions in our own country who are suffering, with no way out.

Let's have some compassion for each other and those less fortunate, starting on our own soil. This won't make us "bleeding heart pussies."