View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 11:46 AM
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
Isn't it odd hat his great performances happened during the chemical enhancement era? He was dominant during 1995 to 2004 at the height of the steroid use.I know runs and home runs were way up during this period and yet he, clemens, martinez put up some ungodly numbers. We know Clemens was a cheater. Maybe the whole story has not come out.

I wouldn't put it past anyone.

However, in Johnson's case it was simply a matter of harnessing his control....that is all well documented. I'm not going to bother going through that entire history, both story-wise or statistical wise.

He always had the 100 MPH heat.

Unless steroids made him grow six inches from 1992 compared to 1995?

However, if you bring the steroids up and Johnson was NOT doing them(which it is very unlikely he was, and there is zero suspicion of him), and many of his pitching peers were? That only makes Johnson even more impressive!

For instance, Johnson lost the Cy Young to Clemens in 2004! I appreciate you bringing that up. Johnson gets another Cy Young award...according to your premise.

He also came in second to Clemens in 1997. There is another Cy Young for the Big Unit!

Last edited by HistoricNewspapers; 08-02-2020 at 11:59 AM.