View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 04:27 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

I'll report on my experience with Candiman Auctions. The first time I heard of the auction was when I read this thread. So of course I had to go take a look at the items and found several low-mid grade 1933 Goudey "Indian Gum" (non-sports) cards that I needed. The single cards I was interested in had a $5 opening bid with no bids yet placed. So I entered my max bid $5 on fourteen lots, and ended up winning 13 lots for the opening bid $5. I also bid on lot #231 a group of 19 "Indian Gum" cards, and had the winning bid for awhile $40, but was outbid.
No back scans were provided for any of these cards, and I didn't request any from Candiman. The front scans provided for the auction matched the cards I received exactly. In hand, the backs of the cards are quite nice, although one card described as VG-EX with a light crease had a small spot of paper loss on the back. I would expect worse looking cards for what I paid for these.

So my total was 13 lots won at $5 each $65 add $13 buyers premium and $10 shipping.

I was invoiced on Sunday March 11th, I paid via CC on Monday March 12, got my tracking number from Candiman Friday March 16, and my cards arrived today Monday March 19.

I am happy with my purchase, and glad to add these to my in progress set. These are really nice cards that I got. Without back scans I was expecting worse, of course I was only bidding $5 a card.

Larry Tipton