View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 10:08 AM
$téve VV1lk

[QUOTE=1952boyntoncollector;1480184]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkiebaby11 View Post
The PSA 8 does look better than the SGC 8, imo. Sharper corners and the contrast is a little better (assuming it's not the scanner). Is it 2.5x better...? Personally, I don't think so, but obviously PSA is in more demand than SGC and has always carried a little more of a premium.

cool graphic...PSA carriers much more than a 'little' more of a premium...the clear direction is a 1 grade difference in value for same graded cards in similar condition... obviously if you are buying a SGC card now you are getting that benefit now so doesn't impact the resell but I know 3 years ago, people were paying much closer amounts so it hurts the buyers there if they plan on reselling...for the hobbyist it doesn't matter either way..
I can't comment on the premiums of cards of this caliber, but in the "middle class" range of EX to NM cards for standard HOFers of the 50's & 60's, PSA seems to carry about a half point or roughly 20% premium on their SGC counterpart.

I give nearly all credit to the PSA Registry. If SGC ever wants to compete, they need to make their registry more popular than PSA's. That will start will supply. It'd be cool if they did a promotion of free grading if you are flipping the card from PSA to SGC. That would possibly motivate people to change over without any added cost. Obviously SGC would take a hit now, but in the long run, it could possibly help them over take PSA.

Just to note, I dont care if they do or don't. I have no preference in the matter.

Last edited by wilkiebaby11; 12-09-2015 at 10:08 AM.