View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 01:26 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koufax32fan View Post
Well, that was a weird few minutes; I learned way too much about some very bad people - I have done a lot of reading about baseball history, and can't believe I didn't ever hear about or remember Marty Bergen. I do have his brother Bill's T206 card.

Ok, what's the deal with Led Zeppelin?

And - disclosure here, I am a Chicagoan of a certain age so MJ was, is and always will be the greatest basketball player in history - I am surprised by LeBron being mentioned and not Kobe.

Back in the early 2000's, I was a lawyer for a company that had a business lawsuit in Denver, Colorado. We had the same lawyer who represented Kobe. I respect my (former) outside counsel for taking his case and she did a great job for us (and for him), but I lost all respect for Kobe after that. I don't collect basketball cards, but I would not spend a shekel (or even a nickel) on a Kobe card.
I had a girlfriend who knew the prosecutor on the other side of the Kobe case and I would agree with you knowing the details of that case. Disgusting.

Amazing how so many people and organizations that purport to support women gave him a pass on that rape. Definitely a case of selective narrative cuz Kobe.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-