View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 06:35 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
I hate this card. It’s not Cy Young. Not even close. It’s Irv Young, and it’s an ugly pose to boot. This singular card/pose keeps me from wanting to ever pursue the E98 set. I don’t want a set where one of the key HOFers isn’t even pictured on his own card?! I think the E98 set, with all its color variations, is generally a very cool set. But this card literally ruins the set for me. I hate it!

Let’s see your least favorite card/pose and why....

PS - my post is in no way intended to distract from Casey2296’s thread and the very cool project he is working on. It was that thread- and seeing Irv Young’s ugly mug atop Cy Young’s name- that was the catalyst for this thread, but I think what he has done is awesome, especially in all green
I agree with this one, whole heartedly. And I collect the E98s. I refuse to buy the young, so I'll never complete the set. Seeing one just sell for 6 figures is baffling. It's not rare like a T206 Doyle. it's not attractive. and it's the wrong human. There's nothing about this card that is "premium" other than the fact that the collecting world has all agreed to just blindly consider this Cy Young.