View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
That's it, really - all the rest has been completely about $$$. Once PSA started grading cards, Near-mint T206's began to magically come out of the woodwork. Where were they before? (they were bigger)

As technology improves, creating 21st century 1909 factory-cut edges will become easier and easier.

I started thinking about the same thing. My brother and I started seeing more MINT T206 cards around 1998 or so. back then we had a large ungraded collection of T206 cards...well over 600. My brother had hundreds of cards graded by PSA and out of the hundreds of cards only 4 were graded beter than 6. So where did all the mint T cards come from ?? Where are they still coming from ? I want to know
there is a guy who lives in East Dayton who uses a laser to trim paper products he makes for the gaming industry. I have no doubt it could be used to precisely cut a card. Sometimes you can detect a slight evidence of burning on the paper he is cutting, but not all the time. his setup is all computerized and takes up a good part of his basement. ..it's expensive and impressive and he can make cuts to plastics, wood or paper that people just cant do accurately.