View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 10:24 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Sounds to me like the "pisser and moaner" is quite correct. (BTW, if he is who I think he is, he's forgotten more about vintage autographs than you'll ever know. Be a bit more careful before you resort to insults.)
You need to get off your high horse and perhaps bone up on reading comprehension. I was not commenting on his knowledge of signatures but rather the snarky comment which would discourage others from attending. Neither he, nor I, nor you know what the OP's level of collecting or price tolerance is. Only he can make that determination. It is fine that the commenter chooses not to attend any more. That is his choice.

It serves no purpose to make comments that would cause someone to question whether they should attend at all. His attending is a much more accurate litmus test than any comments on this board. My comment "You won't know what is there until you go." is much more appropriate. It does not matter what I bought or the price I paid. I enjoyed the show. I found items I wanted AND I will make a very good profit on what I bought and what I paid to have signed. Last year I spent under $300 in Chicago and quadrupled that in the sales of the items. That excludes the Morgan Bulkeley which I will sell for 6-7 times what I paid for it.

Also, you do not know me, how long I have been collecting or what knowledge I have. YOU should be a little more careful before you resort to insults, your words not mine!

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 08-02-2022 at 10:33 PM.