View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Default E-Unc. Ty Cobb slabbed by GAI.

Posted By: Scott Elkins

I did get fooled once (not twice like you). The card came to me in five or six top loaders taped together. It was still taped in those top loaders when I sold it on eBay and shipped it, as the seller I purchased it from had 100% feedback and I didn't think there was a need to look the card over.

You are also correct that I did not give a refund to the buyer. It was around six months after the sale. I always gave refunds back then if the card was returned in the original holder with my address label unbroken on top to make certain nobody could switch cards on me (which this one was not - so, I had no way of knowning 100% it was the same card). Since, I have decided to get almost all the cards I have in my collection graded, so that way all sales are final and I don't have to worry about someone e-mailing me six months down the road telling me a company would not grade a card for whatever reason and want to return it (or another card claiming to be it).

Also, the reprint was purchased when I first started collecting caramels. YOU act like YOU are the king of cards (although I don't even think you collect them any longer - just aggravate people who do and sell Cracker Jacks you have graded to make sure they are real on eBay to your large customer base for 10% of book). However, you purchased not one, but TWO reprints - AND YOU DID TRY AND SELL THEM, BUT WAS CAUGHT BY THE PLACE YOU TRIED TO CONSIGN THEM TO!