View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 04:04 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Who is pretending? The 10 year federal assault weapons ban has been mentioned on this thread. Was that pretend? Who on this thread is calling for guns to be banned now, other than your straw man?
"regulated differently or banned" is what I said, as you even quoted. Both have been proposed in this thread, several times. You surely know this.

Some on this page have proposed banning them, in this thread, very explicitly and directly. Several, including you, have suggested they are somehow more lethal than other rifles, which is simply false. You made the claim that 5.56 that is specially powerful (923, factually untrue), and said you don't propose a ban (928), then intimated support for some kind of stricter regulation for certain ages (930). "Regulated differently or banned" seems to encompass your own words and those of others in the recent debate in this thread.

Speaking of bans is a straw man? It's been the primary subject for the last several hundred posts and multiple, including some of the major participants, have proposed them. Again, every post is public record so you can validate this yourself.

You want to talk about the 1994 ban and simultaneously claim ban talk is a straw man? You are asking if I think the 1994 AW ban was "pretend" and then in the next sentence label talking about bans a straw man? You should at least put a few sentences before spinning a 180...

Why would you think that I think the 1994 ban was pretend, and was not a historical event that happened?