View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Default W.L. Gardner American Caramel Company

Posted By: bballdude

Help,

If you can't help me, can you send me to a site that can? I teach middle school and collected cards in the early 90's. A student of mine brought in a PICTURE of a baseball card of W. L. Gardner from the American Caramel Company. Not sure what year. 1921???? or earlier???
It is a picture of HIS left side, he's in a throwing motion with his right arm extended and his left arm is straight down at his side. No color but shirt is dark with white stripe down the middle and pants are light colored. She has the card at home and I gave her a card holder to protect the card so no more damage will occur.

But, I can't find anything on the Internet to help me with a value of the card for her. She said her grandfather had it in a BIBLE----and that's the only card they have. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The card's borders left, right, and bottom are fine but the top 1/4 inch of the card appears sheared off. Lots of yellow/brown? discoloration evident. Please help with the approximate value? Thanks