View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Default Ty Cobb/Bushing/SCDA/Game-Used Decal Bat

Posted By: derek

with the incredible amount of sports memorabilia in the marketplace (good and bad), i don't see how you can put the blame for any mistakes (if they truly are so), on auction houses like american memorabilia, who truly makes sincere attempts to only offer items that have been authenticated by industry experts. these individuals, are considered and respected as the foremost authorities, on this particular subject. what more could you ask for than someone whom, at their expense, goes to the top of their trade, to try to get it right. i for one, would rather put my trust in outfits like american memorabilia, who go the extra mile to get opinions from the most respected people in the business, rather than like some of these auction houses, where supposedly they authenticate in house, by their so called experts, but, where all sales are final. is this bat actually game used ty cobb??? i couldn't tell you. have i seen pictures with cobb using a decal bat??? yes, i can say that i truly have. This particular bat??? who knows...
that's why it gets left in the hands of those that have the most information regarding these matters, to help us make that decision.