View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Default Ty Cobb/Bushing/SCDA/Game-Used Decal Bat

Posted By: Nick Martinez

Gentlemen (and Julie),
I am just getting back from a vacation only to find this lovely thread.

I have to first admit a mistake. When “DD” told me about the problem with the Freedoms War write up, I promptly changed it. I unfortunately did not press the Update button that would have made the change complete. I never looked at it again. I made the change tonight and informed the bidder.

I will have pictures posted of Cobb using a decal bat on more than one occasion soon. Further details on why it is exactly what we state it is will follow with the pictures. (Just a note, I did not write the hokey part about it being a “peach”. )

I have collected and dealt with bats since my days as a batboy (20 years). Therefore, I do have some experience. When most collectors hear “Decal Bat”, they are thinking of the store model bats. The bat we are auctioning is of game specifications.

Aside from my opinion, we find the very best authenticators for our items. Dave Bushing is widely considered the best in the business. He inspected & measured the bat and deemed it game used.

American Memorabilia does everything we can to protect our customers. We have done so in this case.

In regards to Scotts bashing, I know you have a business to protect. I do caution you to be careful when dishing out, you may have to take it!

Regards,
Nick Martinez
American Memorabilia.

PS: We have discussed the Old Judge Proofs to death. It is over, the people spoke and I have nothing left to add.